Job Title: Chinese Market Business Development Manager
Homes for Students is one of the UK’s leading providers of student accommodation. We have an excellent track record and take pride in the fact that many of our student residents chose to return to us year after year and recommend us to their friends. Homes for Students is part of the ANUK national code, which demonstrates our commitment to providing good quality housing for students.
We are seeking an experienced and talented Chinese Market Business Development Manager to join our rapidly expanding organisation to drive the growth in the number of Chinese student bookings in our accommodation nationally by developing our Chinese-focussed strategy across the business, utilising existing contacts and relationships and seeking out new relationships and sources of business.
As Chinese Market Business Development Manager you will be responsible for targeting educational establishments and potential partners, seeking out new relationships and building on existing relationships to secure direct bookings and larger contracts, while also raising the profile of the business across the sector.
You will have strong commercial acumen and a consultative approach that you will use with our B2B partners as well as a personable, respectful and professional approach for B2C contact, and you will be comfortable and experienced in closing sales in both B2B and B2C environments.
You will be required to attend client meetings and you will possess an air of confidence and professionalism in your interaction with our clients. You will be responsible for producing quotations and compiling costed proposals, and you will develop strong working relationships with all stakeholders. You will be a sales and target driven individual and with exceptional attention to detail and you will hold yourself to very high standards and levels of accountability.
You will be confident analysing statistics and spotting trends and be able to produce projections to a good degree of accuracy, and you will always be on the lookout for new opportunities and have a strong focus on improving retention.
You will work with the sales, marketing and operations teams to ensure effective delivery and be aware of opportunities to increase occupancy as well as competitor activity and pricing.
To apply you should:
- Be fluent in speaking, reading and writing Chinese
- Be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English
- Have at least 3 years working within the Chinese student market in the UK
- Have experience of consulting with and directly selling to Chinese students within the UK market
- Have a current list of contacts within the Chinese student market at B2B level
- Have experience of working B2B within the Chinese student market
- Have experience of business development, sales management or high-performing sales experience with a proven track record at achieving targets and KPIs
- Have experience of end-to-end sales processes from sourcing to maintenance of contracts
- Have experience of presenting at a senior level
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, and you have the skills, knowledge and experience required, we would love to hear from you!
This vacancy will be closed as soon as a suitable level of interest has been achieved.