- Stage 1 – Where possible please make your complaint in person at reception or by telephone. Our staff on-site will attempt to investigate and deal with the matter immediately. If you are unhappy with the solutions or explanations given you can escalate your complaint to Stage 2 by letter or email to site within 10 working days.
- Stage 2 – Your complaint must be in writing. Our staff will pass your communication to a senior member of staff within Homes for Students, who will investigate further and provide a written response within 10 working days where possible. You must state why you think your complaint has not been treated fairly or correctly.
- Stage 3 – Your complaint must be in writing. In the event that you still feel your complaint has not been treated fairly or correctly you can write to the Complaints Panel within Homes for Students at: Operations Director, Homes for Students, The Clock Tower Building, 25 Clock Tower Park, Longmoor Lane, Fazakerley, Liverpool, L10 1LD. The Panel will normally notify you of their decision within 10 working days. You must state why you think your complaint has not been treated fairly or correctly to this point.
- Stage 4 – Homes for Students is a member of the Accreditation Network UK (ANUK).
If, after giving Homes for Students a chance to respond to your complaint you are still not satisfied, you can ask for an independent decision from ANUK.
- Stage 5 – STUDENTS WITHIN SCOTLAND can apply to the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing & Property Chamber) if we have breached the Scottish Letting Agent Code of Practice and you remain dissatisfied once the above stages have been exhausted, or if we do not process your complaint within a reasonable timescale.
You can contact the Housing & Property Chamber at: –
Glasgow Tribunals Centre
20 York Street
Please note: Complaints about both 2019-20 or 2020-21 tenancy agreements relating to the Covid-19 outbreak are excluded from this complaints process.
All terms of the tenancy agreements remain applicable unless notified otherwise in writing by Homes for Students. All notifications are final and there is no appeal or escalation process for such complaints.