The Yummy Guide: 6 Best Chinese Takeaways In Stockton-On-Tees For Students
If you have moved to, or you are moving to our student accommodation in Stockton-on-Tees and love a Chinese takeaway, you’ll want to know what you can find to tickle your taste buds when living in a new town.
A Saturday night Chinese takeaway is always a delicious treat, and if you’ve worked hard at university all week and want something tasty this weekend, you want to make the right choice.
We’ve looked at some of the options available to you and have put together a list of the 6 best Chinese takeaways in Stockton-on-Tees.
1. Royal Chef (Glenfield Road)
The Royal Chef has the experience of more than 15 years in the business.
It serves up delicious Chinese food for your perfect takeaway, including all the delicious staples you want, such as stir-fried dishes, rice and noodles and much more.
You can bag some nice little offers in this Chinese takeaway, with customers getting free prawn crackers with orders over £16, spring rolls on orders over £23 and sesame prawn toast with orders over £30.
We think you can’t go wrong with the set menu for 2. For £22 you get spring rolls, BBQ spare ribs, prawn crackers, egg fried rice and your choice of any two main dishes.
- “Honestly, the best Chinese I’ve had up in this part of the country. The hot and sour soup was the best I’ve ever had. I had crispy prawns with chilli and sesame oil. Out of this world. My husband loved his two curry dishes, not watery like some of the ones he’s ordered.”
- “Great food, every time we order from here our food is delicious. This is one of the best Chinese takeaways in Stockton. The service is always very friendly too, the guy who runs the place is always very polite!”
2. Ta-Kee Curry House (Durham Road)
Ta-Kee Curry House is known as one of the best Chinese takeaways in Stockton-on-Tees, serving up all the delectable food you want to sit down and eat in the comfort of your own student flat as a treat at the weekend.
We like the 10” share munch box for £13, which is a 10” pizza box filled with salt and spicy chicken and chips, salt and spicy spare ribs, vegetable spring rolls, egg fried rice and curry sauce and chicken balls. Lovely stuff.
- “Best Chinese takeaway within Stockton, there is no doubting that… beautiful food every time, curry sauce blessed by the gods and without sounding slightly over the top I would happily shoot my Mrs over the edge of a cliff for a free house special chilli and garlic main (I wouldn’t even have to think about it) proper belter food.”
- “Amazing Chinese food! Definitely recommend. We were so happy with the flavour and quality of the food.”
3. Peking Garden (Bridge Road)
A casual restaurant that serves traditional Chinese dishes such as Lo Mein and fried rice.
The friendly and relaxed atmosphere when dining in, the exceptional customer service and good prices extend to the takeaway service, and you’ll struggle to find a better offering in this part of the world.
There are dishes from traditional Cantonese cuisine, as well as Szechuan and Pekinese, a wide range of meals that you don’t always find in Chinese takeaways in Stockton-on-Tees.
Specialities include their crispy aromatic duck, satay chicken on skewers, crispy seaweed and beef in hot bean sauce. The main dishes start at a good price of £5.00.
- “First but definitely not the last time we will eat here. The food was stunning. Love it.”
- “First meal from here special chow mein fried rice and curry my wife had the beef chop suey, the best one I have had by far my wife said the same will certainly be using the Peking Garden again.”
4. Happy Valley (Harland Place)
Happy Valley combines traditional Chinese cuisines with some of the latest techniques and innovation, and when you put some great and friendly service alongside it you are onto a winner in terms of Chinese takeaways in Stockton.
The set meal for two people is an outstanding choice, giving you chicken and sweetcorn soup, prawn crackers, BBQ spare ribs in a delicious honey sauce, salt and pepper chicken, spring rolls and a main dish.
For a slightly fancier Chinese takeaway this weekend with your flatmates, definitely try Happy Valley.
- “Best around for a quality Chinese meal! This has now become our regular for a takeaway.”
- “The kind of place that takes years to find but you never need to go anywhere else once you find it.”
5. Li Wah Restaurant (West Precinct)
A Chinese takeaway in Stockton serving authentic, traditional cuisine, Li Wah has a cosy and elegant dining space that is the perfect experience for those looking for a casual Chinese meal.
Their pleasant atmosphere and great customer service certainly transmit to its takeaway offering, and this is why it is one of our staple Chinese restaurants in the town.
Some of the dishes that are popular at Li Wah include the crispy king prawn, roasted pork dishes and dry garlic spare ribs. Appetisers start at £3.50, and curry dishes from £5, so you can expect a decent feed without spending a lot of money.
- “Fantastic food and great portion sizes. By far my favourite Chinese restaurant!”
- “Food was great cooked quickly too and great customer service.”
6. Happy Days (Yarm Lane)
One of the highest-rated Chinese takeaways in Stockton-on-Tees, Happy Days delivers perfect Chinese food direct to your door.
Try the perfectly cooked chicken dishes, chow mein that leaves you salivating and wanting more, and even better is the service and delivery, one of the fastest you’ll find without compromising on the quality of the food delivered.
- “First order from Happy Days, came on time, piping hot, impressive portions and very good food. Will definitely use again.”
- “Always a friendly service, from in shop to the delivery drivers. Food has never disappointed. Great value and we couldn’t see a dish on the menu so asked and they said they would cook it for us! Fantastic service.”
Wow, well it looks like we’re booking a Chinese takeaway tonight…we can guarantee you’re wanting one too?? If you need some extra cash to afford all these takeaways, why not check out our recent blogs on the 10 best side hustles to earn money as a student? You’re bound to find something simple to balance your outgoings!